counseling & psychotherapy in English online or in Wroclaw
individual or family crisis · relationship and bond problems
childhood trauma · trauma and PTSD · bereavement
mood disorders · anxiety · depression
psychologist and psychotraumatologist
– approach and values
I integrate different approaches and adapt their use to current goals and plan of the therapy. In PTSD and trauma therapy I take advantage of EMDR – an epirically-proven technique recommended by World Health Organization (WHO) and American Psychiatric Association. During crisis counseling I typically base on Solution Focused Approach, while for long-term treatment I tend to work integratively, using Gestalt and system approaches, adding EMDR techniques as needed.
During first visits I am focused on best understanding of the person and their life. After that period we specify which areas would be desired to improve and then together we identify strengths, opportunities, and we continue working on. For those of my clients who find it difficult to meet in person in Wroclaw office, I offer counselling and therapy online. I speak English fluently. I am open to working with persons who cathegorize themselves as LGBTQ+.
I am a member of three recognized organizations: Polish EMDR Therapy Association, Polish SFBT Society and Polish Psychological Association. I fully comply with the codes of the aforementioned organizations, and my work is under regular supervision. I continuously develop my skills and knowledge. I am currently an EMDR therapist in the process of certification and a participatant of 5-year full course acredited by Polish Psychiatry Association.
I work and live in Wroclaw, Poland. In my free time I take photographs and hike in mountains with friends. I am a practitioner of stoicism.
- clinical psychology – Master’s Degree (Uniwersity of Social Sciencies and Humanities SWPS)
- psychotraumatology – postgraduate studies Master of Science (Collegium Humanum)
- school of counselling and Gestalt psychotherapy (Psyched)
- EMDR | Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (dr Anabel Gonzalez, E-Psyche)
- Solution-Focused Therapy (Louis A. Arias & associates, CTSR)
- TRE – Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises – Provider’s Course (E. Pakoca, TRE Polska) – in progress 2022
- 5-year course of integrative psychotherapy under accreditation by Polish Psychiatric Society (WIP / PRSP) – in progress 2022
- and over 900 hours of various workshops in the field of trauma treatment, as well as short- and long-term psychological aid.
Other trainings and competence
- English philology (Uniwersytet Opolski)
- coaching: ACC ICF training (Meritum)
- Trainer’s School / train-the-trainer (Moderator)
Supervision and own therapy
I am under continual supervision and my own psychotherapy.
individual counseling & treatment
Counseling and therapy online
Psychological counseling and individual psychotherapy online for those who cannot afford meetings in person.
This kind of psychological help is usually as effective as personal meetings.
A meeting or a short series of 2 – 4 visits aiming at understanding the person’s situation and helping to define next steps together.
In some cases the series may be enough and does need to involve further visits.
Individual psychotherapy focused on achieving therapeutic goals which had been defined together.
It is aimed to achieve the goals as soon as practically possible, and it depends on the goals, individual resources.
Trauma therapy (EMDR)
A friendly technique of trauma psychotherapy using the bilateral stimulation (EMDR).
This is evidence-based and recommended by WHO and American Psychiatric Association for PTSD and trauma treatment.
“Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference”
~ Virginia Satir
“People are not disturbed by things, but by the views they take of them.”
“The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.”
~ Marcus Aurelius
"The best way to take care of the future is to take care of the present moment."
~ Thich Nhat Hanh
Please ask your question or ask for an appointment using the form below.